Catalyst are now recruiting for SLEs. The deadline for SLE applications is Friday 3rd November 2017.
If you are an experienced middle or senior leader who is interested in supporting leaders in other schools, you might want to apply to be a specialist leader of education with Catalyst.
To become an SLE, you need to have been in a leadership role below the headteacher for at least 2 years. Your headteacher will be asked to confirm that you are in an appropriate role. Higher level teaching assistants are not eligible to apply.
You can be from any type or phase of school.
You don’t need to be in an outstanding school or a school that is part of a teaching school alliance, as long as your school has the capacity to release you to work in other schools.
You must have at least one specialism from our areas of expertise, which are based on the 4 areas of focus for Ofsted (please see the SLE Application Form for specific details of these specialisms).
To be successful in your application, you should have:
- a successful track record of working effectively within your own school and/or across a group of schools, or working with a range of leaders within a single school
- evidence of successfully using coaching and/or facilitation skills to bring about sustainable improvements
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- an understanding of what constitutes ‘outstanding’ in your field of expertise and the ability and confidence to communicate this
- an understanding of how your specialism and skills can contribute to wider school improvement goals
- an analytical approach in identifying and prioritising needs
- the ability to set and establish new and innovative working practices
- the ability to grow leadership capacity in other
You can also provide supporting evidence gained from completing leadership development opportunities such as:
- the National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership
- the National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership
- the SSAT lead practitioner accreditation
There is no cost to apply. Successful applicants will be entitled to some training at no cost to their school. However, the school will have to pay for associated travel or supply cover.
Should you have any queries or would like to speak to one of the Catalyst team please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please include the subject line ‘Catalyst Website: School to School Support’